Introduction & General Terms
CBHUK hosts of Umrah+ Connect and all the people its serves rely on the generosity and support of its donors and well wishers. We are therefore committed to be transparent about why we request your personal details and how we use this information in order to carry out our mission to tackle poverty.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from me?
- How is the information collected used?
- What if I don’t want to receive cookies?
- How we protect your privacy on online community?
- External Links of our website?
- What kind of information will I receive?
- Why am I receiving information from CBHUK?
- Are my web journeys being monitored?
- Use of Audio, Video and Images
- How can I access and update my personal information?
As a general rule, CBHUK will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. If you opt to share your personal information on the Gift Aid claim form, we will provide your data to HMRC (HM Revenue and Custom) for auditing purposes.
What personally identifiable information is collected from me?
The first time you get in touch with us- for example- when you sign up for email updates, register for an event or make a donation- we collect your personal information depending on the type of communication or transaction you opt for. The information generally includes your name, postal address, post code, telephone number, organisation name, e-mail address. Please note, the personal details gathered by us may not be limited to above mentioned categories.
How is the information collected used?
CBHUK uses the information as explained below unless you have specially notified us.
- We use your personal details to inform you about our services or products as per your request.
- We may also use your information for administrative purposes which include updating you about any changes to our services or policies and creating a profile of your interests and preferences.
- Upon your consent, we may also use your information to send you communications about our welfare work, campaigns, volunteering and fundraising activities.
- We may send you direct mail that we feel may be of interest to you.
- We may on occasion work with 3rd parties to contact our supporters about CBHUK; however the 3rd party would be bound by a confidentiality agreement which would prevent them from using this information for any other purpose.
- We do not sell your details to any third parties. The only exception to this is when you are using our secure online donation pages you are going through to a secure payment provider approved by the banking industry, that is, PayPal.
NB: For online credit/debit card transactions CBHUK enters your financial data directly to the payment service provider (PayPal) and we do not store credit/debit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties. In this way CBHUK abides by the strict industry-wide credit/debit card security standards (Payment Card Industry and Data Security Standards).
In the case of sensitive personal information, we will ask you to indicate your consent in allowing us to use it.
We use the following methods to get your consent:
- Giving us your permission verbally
- ticking a box; clicking an icon
- Sending an email; submitting a form; or subscribing to a service.
When we seek your consent to using your personal information, we will tell you what we want to use it for and, other than as described in this policy, we won’t use it for any other purpose.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that we pass to your computer’s hard disk through your web-browser so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. For more information about cookies, please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
What if I don’t want to receive cookies?
How we protect your privacy on online community?
When you give us your personal details that information may be stored and processed outside of the UK and we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be 100% guaranteed. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
External Links of our website?
CBHUK website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us.
Why am I receiving information from CBHUK?
If you are not registered with us and still getting information from us, then we may have purchased your data from our partner organisations or data providers. The data purchased include your contact details only i.e. your name, postal address and email.
Are my web journeys being monitored?
Yes. We monitor our webpage users’ journeys via Google analytics. We do so to improve our online services and to provide best and effective online assistance for our users. The webpage users remain anonymous throughout our monitoring activities and analysis.
Use of Audio, Video and Images
CBHUK/Umrah+ Connect may use photographs and videos taken at our events in publicity and marketing materials, including use on the site. Your attendance at the event may mean that You are featured in such photographs and videos and You are deemed not to object to the taking of such photographs and videos as detailed above. If You do not wish to be included in any photograph and/or video, please notify the photographer/videographer at our event prior to the photographs and/or videos being taken.
How can I access and update my personal information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to CBHUK. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that CBHUK maintains about you. In the meantime, if you change email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us email@example.com , or write to Supporter Relations, CBHUK, Commerce House, 346B St Helens Road, Bolton. BL3 3RR with the details.
T&C’s subject to change.
© 2022 CBHUK.org | All Rights Reserved.